Pike Place Market Historical District
What needs to be reviewed and approved by the Commission?
Any changes within the District must be approved and a Certificate of Approval issued by the Commission, such as:
- Changes to buildings, structures, and other visible elements.
- A proposed new business, service, or use.
- New signs or changes to existing signs, including off-premise signs.
- New marquees, awnings, or canopies.
- New construction, additions, or remodels.
- Changes in public areas, including alleys, sidewalks, and parks.
- Demolition of any building or structure.
- Changes to ceilings, walls, floors, or lighting.
- Security gates.
- Display structures.
- Sidewalk dining or seating areas.