By joining the mailing list, you will receive e-mail notices about gardening in P-Patch Community Gardens in Seattle. As a member you'll also be able to send messages to other P-Patch gardeners from other areas of the city. There are only a few simple rules, which are posted below.
Post a Message to the Group
To post a message, email: email@example.com
NOTE: This list is moderated. Your messages will be sent to P-Patch staff who will edit or review your message before being sent to groupmembers. Replies, however, go only to the author. Please "reply all" to contribute information to the rest of the group's discussion.
- Messages and notices should be limited to topics relevant to the P-Patch Program, Community Gardening, and gardening related topics. This is a community gardening listserv; self-promotion and advertising messages are discouraged. The group manager may remove violators of this rule from the mailing list.
- Any member may send a message to all other members on the group; however, it will only go to the author of the e-mail. We encourage all to contribute to the line of discussion so if you feel your contribution could benefit the whole list, please "reply all" when sending your message. However, if it is a very specific question meant only for an answer to the author, please only reply to that author.
- When writing a message, keep it brief and state the purpose in the first paragraph. This allows the recipient to scan your message more easily. Always include a descriptive subject heading, and NEVER have a deceptive one just to get them to open the message. Always include an e-mail signature with your phone number and name if you'd like people to contact you.
- You may remove your name from the group at anytime.
- Don't send advertisements to a discussion group.
- Don't send a file attachment to a discussion group.
- Don't post a message just to tell the group that you agree with another group member.
- Don't post your unsubscribe request to the group's posting address.
- Don't use profanity or degrade or insult others.
To unsubscribe, email a blank message to P-PATCHfirstname.lastname@example.org.
No email subject or message is required.