Small and Simple Projects Fund
Congratulations to the October awarded projects! Please follow the link to the list of awarded Small and Simple Projects: Small and Simple Awarded Projects October
The Small and Simple Projects Fund provides awards up to $25,000 to support community members in building community relationships around a project. Small and Simple Projects Fund activities may be physical projects as well as less tangible but equally significant educational, cultural, and relationship-strengthening activities. All projects must demonstrate its capacity to build a stronger and healthier community, and must:
- Provide a public benefit and be free and open to all members of the public.
- Emphasize self-help, with project ideas initiated, planned and implemented by the neighbors and community members who will themselves be impacted by the project.
- Demonstrate community match.
- Occur within the Seattle city limits.
Who Should Apply
The Small and Simple Projects Fund is open to:
- Neighborhood-based groups, community-based organizations, ad-hoc groups and business groups (such as chambers of commerce) who want to do a project to build stronger connections in their neighborhood.
- Community groups that do not have a geographic base, such as a racial or ethnic group, LGBTQ groups, a disability community, etc.
Small and Simple Fund Workshops
- Thursday, January 8, 2015 from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. El Centro de la Raza - Room 309, 2524 16th Ave S, 98144
- Wednesday, January 14, 2015 from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Phinney Neighborhood Center - Room 3, 6532 Phinney Ave N, 98103
- Wednesday, April 22, 2015 from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Garfield Community Center - Multi-Purpose Room, 2323 E Cherry St, 98122
- Tuesday, April 28, 2015 from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. El Centro de la Raza - Room 106, 2524 16th Ave S, 98144
- Thursday, May 14, 2015 from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Northgate Community Center - Multi-Purpose Room, 10510 5th Ave NE, 98125
- Wednesday, August 5, 2015 from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. TBD
- Tuesday, August 11, 2015 from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. TBD
RSVP to a Workshop
Please RSVP by going to https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NMFWorkshop
To request childcare or interpretation services, contact us at least 3 days prior to your preferred workshop.
How to Apply
Before applying, carefully review the guidelines.
You can now apply for the Small and Simple Projects Fund online. Click here to get started.
When to Apply
Applications must be received by the Department of Neighborhoods office by:
- February 2, 2015 at 5:00 p.m.
- June 1, 2015 at 5:00 p.m.
- October 5, 2015 at 5:00 p.m.
Application can not be submitted after 5:00 p.m.
Applicants are notified of award decision within eight weeks of application deadline.
For more information about the Small and Simple Projects Fund, contact a Neighborhood Matching Fund project manager.