The Large Projects Fund provides awards up to $100,000 to support community members in building community relationships around a project. Large Projects Fund activities may be physical projects as well as less tangible but equally significant educational, cultural, and relationship-strengthening activities. All projects must demonstrate its capacity to build a stronger and healthier community, and must:
- Provide a public benefit and be free and open to all members of the public.
- Emphasize self-help, with project ideas initiated, planned and implemented by the neighbors and community members who will themselves be impacted by the project.
- Demonstrate community match.
- Occur within the Seattle city limits.
To see the latest round of Large Projects Fund awards, click here.
Who Should Apply
The Large Projects Fund is open to:
- Neighborhood-based groups, community-based organizations, ad-hoc groups and business groups (such as chambers of commerce) who want to do a project to build stronger connections in their neighborhood.
How to Apply
Before applying, carefully review the guidelines. Attendance at one of six mandatory workshops* is required in order for an application to be considered. Once a workshop has been attended, you can apply for the Large Projects Fund online. To get started, click here.
- Thursday February 20 at 6 - 8 p.m. Phinney Neighborhood Association 6532 Phinney Ave North
- Tuesday February 25 at 6 - 8 p.m. Youngstown Cultural Arts Center 4408 Delridge Way Southwest
- Thursday March 20 at 6 - 8 p.m El Centro de la Raza 2524 16th Avenue South
- Tuesday March 25 at
6- 8 p.m. Northgate Community Center 10510 5th Ave Northeast
- Tuesday April 8 at
6 - 8 p.m. NewHolly Gathering Hall 7054 32nd Ave South
- Thursday April 10at 6 - 8:00 p.m. Miller Community Center 330 19th Ave East
RSVP to a Workshop
To request childcare or interpretation services, contact us at least 3 days prior to your preferred workshop.
When to Apply
Applications must be received by the Department of Neighborhoods office by:
Application can not be submitted after 5:00 p.m.
Applicants are notified of award decision within three months of the full proposal deadline.
For more information about the Large Projects Fund, contact a Neighborhood Matching Fund project manager.