Helpful City Resources

File a Crime Report

The Community Online Crime Reporting Program allows you to report a crime to the police immediately, print a copy of a temporary report, receive a printable copy of the final police report, and file a report with your insurance company.

Report Drug Activity

Report ongoing drug activity which police need to be aware of but doesn't require immediate response.

Report a Missing Person

You do not need to wait 24 hours before reporting a missing person.

Report an Abandoned Vehicle

Use this form to report an abandoned vehicle within Seattle City Limits on a public street or city property that has been parked for over 72 hours. The Seattle Police Department will handle your report in the order in which it is received and may take up to two weeks to process.

Report Police Misconduct

The Office of Professional Accountability (OPA) provides civilian oversight of the complaint process.

Report Overgrown Vegetation

Use this form to report overgrown vegetation in public right-of-way areas maintained by the Seattle Department of Transportation.

Contact Animal Control

To report a stray, missing, injured, menacing, or unlicensed animal, please call 206-386-7387(PETS)

Report a Streetlight Problem

Seattle City Light operates about 84,000 streetlights throughout our service territory to help drivers and pedestrians stay safe at night. If you believe that there is a malfunctioning streetlight that might be giving off electrical charge, please report it immediately.

Report a Pothole

Use this form to report potholes or other minor street repair needs.

Report a Plugged Storm Drain

Do not use this form to report dangerous situations or property damage. Call SPU's 24/7 Operations Response Center at (206)-386-1800.

Report a Damaged Sidewalk

Use this form to report sidewalk safety concerns.

Report Other Issues

Whether your contact concerns a compliment, complaint, comment, request for service, or suggestion, we are committed to listening to what you have to say.

For urgent concerns, please call 206-684-2489 (CITY)
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.