A group of
volunteers that formed the original coalition to spearhead
the building of a community in Magnuson Park incorporated
the organization as nonprofit organization, under state and
federal provisions, called The Magnuson Community
is governed by an executive board which includes two
ex officio members from the City of Seattle.
Elections for open seats are are held in October.
Current board members, as of November 2013 are:
Community Garden Mission Statement
- Christina Pfeiffer, President
- Rick Thompson, Vice President
- Kathy Dugaw, Treasurer
- Tom Kelly, Secretary & Chair of Native Plant Border
- Jerry Packard, Chair of Demonstration Orchard
- Norma Patterson, P-Patch Site Coordinator
- Robert DeLong
- Jason Schneier
- Ex Officio Members are Charles Ng, Warren G.
Magnuson Park and Rich
McDonald, Department of Neighborhoods, P-Patch Program
mission of Magnuson Community Garden is to enhance the quality
of urban life and strengthen community bonds by creating
and sustaining an organic garden in Sand Point Magnuson Park
that will foster environmental stewardship,
horticultural education, rejuvenation, and recreation.
Warren G. Magnuson Park
6344 N.E. 74th St., Suite 104
Seattle, WA 98115