| Seattle City Light
Have a Say in setting Seattle City Light's Rates
Be Part of the Process
|For Immediate Release:
7/10/2003 12:00:00 AM
|For More Information Contact:
Scott Thomsen (206) 386-4233
Mayor Greg Nickels and Seattle City Light invite customers to apply for membership on the Seattle City Light Rates Advisory Committee (RAC). A cross-section of citizen and business representatives are sought to provide input and comment during regular City Light rate reviews. The RAC considers the full range of rate-setting issues. Applications are currently being accepted to create a pool of citizens interested in serving on the RAC.
What We Are Looking For:
Other Important Facts:
- Any resident or business owner utilizing Seattle City Light's service is eligible for membership.
- A fair amount of technical material will be involved, however you are not expected to be an expert on rates.
- We encourage applications from a diverse group of individuals with a wide variety of backgrounds and interests:
- Residential, commercial, industrial
- Various ethnic groups
- Various income levels
- Homeowners, renters, landlords
- Various neighborhoods
- Various special public interests such as environment and conservation
- Members serve without compensation. The majority of the meetings will be held in downtown Seattle. Parking will be provided at no charge.
- Meetings will start this summer for a brief review of Suburban rates. The general rate review is expected to begin in early 2004 and may extend through November, 2004. The full Committee meets at least once a month during this time. Additional subcommittee work could require a greater time commitment.
You may apply online at www.cityofseattle.net/light/accounts/rates/rac click on "How to Apply". Or call 684-3612 or 684-3080 to receive an application in the mail. Submit your application along with a statement of interest and a current resume to:
Seattle City Light
Attn: Faylene Neal
700 Fifth Avenue, Suite 3300
Seattle, WA 98104-5031
Deadline: July 21, 2003