Lower heating bills with these tips
- Set your thermostat. No higher than 68 degrees when home, and as low as possible or 55 degrees when you are away or sleeping.
- Check doors and windows for leaks and drafts. Make sure doors seal properly with weather stripping or caulk to keep heat from escaping.
- Close the fireplace damper when it's not in use.
- Upgrade your electric heating system to a ductless system. Save up to 50% off your bill and get a $1,200 rebate from City Light.
- Window coverings help with heating and cooling. In winter, open drapes and shades on south windows; close all window coverings at night to retain indoor heat.