Ductless Heat Pump Rebate
If you're currently heating your home with electric resistance baseboards, wall heaters, or an electric furnace, Seattle City Light can help you upgrade to a Ductless Heating and Cooling System with a $1,200 rebate.
A Ductless Heating and Cooling System is an energy-efficient primary heat source for electrically heated homes that can heat and cool homes at a fraction of the cost. They're also safer, quieter and heat rooms evenly. Click here
to see our Ductless Heat Pump Program Fact Sheet.
Benefits of a Ductless Heat Pump:
- Saves energy and reduces monthly expenses
- Easy to install
- Extremely comfortable and ultra-quiet
- Built in air conditioner
- Remote included
- No ductwork needed
- Home must be a single family residence (1-4 units) located in SCL service area.
- Home's primary heat source must be electric zone heat such as baseboards, Cadet or King wall heaters; or an electric furnace [NOTE: homes with gas or oil furnaces are not eligible.]
- Equipment must meet the qualifications listed on the rebate form, and be installed by a participating contractor.
How to Get Started:
- Visit www.goingductless.com to learn more about the program and to see if a ductless heat pump is right for you.
- Get bids from participating contractors. Search here for a participating contractor.
- Fill out and submit the Homeowner Participation Request Form to request pre-approval before installation.
- Once you have received pre-approval, Seattle City Light will issue you an Authorization Code via mail and/or email. IMPORTANT: You must receive an Authorization Code before installation. You will not be eligible for a rebate if the unit is installed without an Authorization Code.
- After installation is complete: Homeowner submits the Seattle City Light Rebate Form and the contractor submits the Contractor Invoice Form along with a copy of the paid invoice.
For questions about Seattle City Light Rebates, call 206-684-3800 or email SCLEnergyAdvisor@seattle.gov