Utility Work to Impact John Street and Pontius Avenue N
Utility Work to Impact John Street and Pontius Avenue N Crews have closed John Street to thru traffic between Minor Avenue N and Yale Avenue N to restore the roadway. This work includes completely rebuilding the road and the sidewalk on the south side of the street. The closure is scheduled to be in place around the clock through mid-May. The John Street and Pontius Avenue N intersection will also be closed during this work.
- Planned word dates: Ongoing, through mid-May
- Work hours: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, with the possibility of some Saturday work.
The closures will be in place 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Road closures: : No thru traffic on John Street between Minor Avenue N and Yale Avenue N; John Street and Pontius Avenue N intersection will be closed.
The south end of the Alley 24 Building alley will be closed periodically
- Pedestrian closures: The sidewalk on the south side of John Street between Minor Avenue N and Yale Avenue N is closed. The crosswalk across Pontius Avenue N at its intersection with John Street will be closed periodically.
The Denny Network Project reached a key milestone in 2017 with the installation of the last of 30 underground electrical vaults. With vault installation completed, the project's focus in 2018 is on duct bank installation and roadway restoration.
Over the next month, the Denny Network Project is working in the following locations:
Denny Triangle Neighborhood
- 6th Avenue between Virginia and Lenora streets
- 6th Avenue and Lenora Street intersection
South Lake Union Neighborhood
- Pontius Avenue N between Harrison and Thomas streets
- Minor Avenue N between Republican and Harrison streets
- Fairview Avenue N between Republican and Harrison streets
- Fairview Avenue N and Thomas Street intersection
- Fairview Avenue N and John Street intersection
- 9th Avenue N between Mercer and Republican streets
- Republican Street between Pontius Avenue N and Boren Avenue N
- Republican Street between Terry Avenue N and Westlake Avenue N
- Harrison Street between Pontius Avenue N and Minor Avenue N
- Harrison Street between Fairview Avenue N and Boren Avenue N
- Harrison Street between Westlake Avenue N and 9th Avenue N
- Thomas Street between Pontius Avenue N and Minor Avenue N
- Thomas Street and Terry Avenue N intersection
- Thomas Street between Westlake Avenue N and 9th Avenue N
What to Expect During Network Construction
- Closures of sidewalks and crosswalks should be expected in work areas
- Business and pedestrian access will be maintained wherever possible
- Lane restrictions and some traffic and pedestrian detours
- Typical weekday work hours from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Some weekend, night, and early morning work
- Noise and vibrations during high-impact work