The Seattle City Light Construction Management Services unit is charged with administering public works construction contracts for the utility. The units’ work includes:
- administering construction contracts from contract execution through close-out
- performing quality control inspections of contractors’ work
- coordinating public works construction with other City Light groups, agencies and City departments
- resolving construction issues with the project team
- processing contractors’ submittals, correspondence, change orders and claims
- calculating monthly progress payments to contractors
- monitoring safe work practices
- ensuring the completion of as-built records
In addition to construction contract administration, Construction Management also assists engineers and project managers with project planning, constructability reviews, and inter-departmental and inter-agency construction coordination from initial design through construction and completion of our public works projects.
For more information on City Light Construction Management services, please call 206.386.4569.