Site Superintendent Alert
This is a Seattle City Light BUILT SMART project and the following requirements must be met when constructing a BUILT SMART building in the Seattle City Light service area.
For a detailed explanation of program requirements, refer to the BUILT SMART Technical Specifications, Section 1.7, provided to the General Contractor.
Please contact the BUILT SMART field inspector at the following times:
Washington State Requirement:
- Prior to concrete pour if you have on-grade slab (to check insulation)
- When framing begins
- When windows are delivered to site
- During electrical rough-in (to check fans and exhaust ducting)
- When caulking and sealing for air infiltration
- Prior to covering exterior shear wall and tub area insulation
- Exterior wall insulation
- Ceiling insulation
- When floor insulation is being installed (including under PT slab & above commercial space)
- When water heaters are delivered to site
- When light fixtures and electrical trim is delivered to site (thermostats and timers)
- When electrical trim is compete and all fans have power
Water heaters cannot be installed at a temperature of more than 120° F.
For more information, call Peter Held, BUILT SMART Program Coordinator, at 206.684.3605.