The Built Smart program encourages multifamily developers of five or more units to incorporate energy efficient technologies and equipment into building design, construction and operation. Built Smart adds value to your new multifamily project by offering financial incentives and technical assistance from design through project completion.
Key Benefits of Built Smart
- Financial incentives offset capital costs of energy efficient technologies and equipment.
- Free technical guidance helps maximize energy efficiency.
- Energy savings translate to lower operating costs for owners and utility costs for residents.
- Complements other green building certifications (LEED, Built Green, Passive House).
- Simple, easy application process.
- Free marketing tools distinguish your building and engage prospective residents.
How to participate
- Contact Seattle City Light's Energy Advisors - (206) 684-3800, SCLEnergyAdvisor@seattle.gov - with your DPD project number and address to receive assistance from a Built Smart professional.
Find out more about Built Smart