The Smart Business program provides financial incentives to your small business for replacing
existing inefficient lighting with approved energy efficient lighting equipment.
Interior lighting may account for up to 60% of your business' energy bill. Installation of efficient lighting results in:
- Lower energy and maintenance costs
- Improved lighting quality
- Increased productivity and a safer work environment
Any small business in Seattle City Light's service area that is on Rate Schedule ESMC or ESMS (formerly rates 31 and 56) and is not part of a chain, campus or institution is eligible for this program. The rate schedule for your business can be found on your Seattle City Light billing statement, in the current rate information charts on Seattle City Light's website or you can contact an Energy Advisor at 206.684.3800 or by e-mail to obtain this information.
How to Participate
- Call 206.684.3800 or contact us by e-mail to verify if your business is eligible and to receive an information packet.
- Work with a Smart Business energy analyst who will evaluate your lighting project and estimate your rebate and energy savings.
- Obtain project estimates from your licensed contractor or City Light can provide you with a list of participating contractors.
- Secure authorization from City Light prior to your contractor starting work.
- Proceed with the installation and contact City Light for verification when work is complete. We′ll mail you a rebate check after our final verification, or the rebate can be directed to your contractor to help you with cash flow.
Seattle City Light does not endorse, or otherwise recommend, any contractors or vendors. Program incentives may change based on funding availability.
NOTE: Files on this
site require the Adobe Acrobat Reader
to be viewable from your computer.
Download Acrobat Reader at:
For complete Smart Business Program information, please e-mail or call
Marilou Trias at Marilou.Trias@seattle.gov or 206.684.4293 or
Charles Valentin at email@example.com or 206.684.4215 or
Wayne Knipple at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206.684.4286.