Get a $100 rebate from Seattle City Light when you buy a new high-efficiency clothes washer.
Choose a high-efficiency clothes washer and you can:
- Save about $100 per year in electricity and water costs - that's $1,100
over the life of the washer - enough savings to pay for itself!
- Use about 2/3 less detergent
- Dry clothes faster - because high-efficiency clothes washers spin out most
of the water from your clothes, less time and energy is required to dry them.
- Do fewer loads - since high-efficiency clothes washers don't have a bulky agitator, there is more usable space for clothes. More capacity means fewer loads of laundry per week - and
more time for you.
Choose a model with a high Modified Energy Factor (MEF) and a low Water Factor (WF).
Modified Energy Factor (MEF) is a measure of energy efficiency that considers the energy used by the washer, the energy used
to heat the water, and the energy used to run the dryer. The higher the MEF, the
more energy-efficient the clothes washer. Water Factor (WF) measures water
efficiency in gallons of water consumed per cubic foot of capacity. The lower the WF,
the more water efficient the clothes washer.
- Clothes washer must have a Modified Energy Factor (MEF) of 2.46 or above,
AND a Water Factor (WF) of 4.0 or below.
- Residential customers only, one rebate per household
Customers with a natural gas or propane water heater AND natural gas or propane clothes dryer are not eligible for the rebate
See complete eligibility details
on the Clothes Washer Rebate Form.
How to Apply:
- Purchase and install a qualified model between January 1, 2013 and December 31, 2013.
- Complete and sign the Clothes Washer Rebate Form.
- Submit forms along with required documentation (as listed on the Clothes Washer Rebate Form), postmarked within 90 days of purchase.
- Allow 6-8 weeks to receive your rebate check.
Before buying a clothes washer, please make sure it is an eligible model. Simply having the ENERGY STAR rating does not automatically mean it is meets the eligibility requirements. There are some ENERGY STAR models that do not meet Seattle City Light's high-efficiency requirements. Also, If your water heater is fueled by natural gas or propane, AND your dryer is also fueled by natural gas or propane, you are not eligible for the Seattle City Light rebate. Seattle City Light's conservation programs provide rebates for electricity savings only. Please contact an Energy Advisor at 206-684-3800 if you are unsure of your eligibility.