High School Internships
Let's be honest, we like to invest in our interns. And we want you, as one of our high school interns,
to put your flourishing skills into practice, gain experience in a professional setting and continue to
explore your academic and career path. Our goal is to create a rewarding internship that makes you want to work with us again.
During your 8-week paid internship, you will work on a variety of administrative duties, assist with key projects,
receive guidance from mentors, participate in special trainings and maybe even go into the field with your colleagues.
Additionally, our interns come together for a variety of programming:
- Chats with our executive leaders
- Professional development workshops with your fellow high school and college interns
- Adventures to City Light facilities
- Exploration of equity and social justice in the workplace
At the end of the internship, our high school interns wow their colleagues with a professional presentation showcasing their experiences and learning outcomes.
To be eligible for our high school internships, you must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled as a high school student before and after the internship (i.e., continuing student)
- Possess a minimum 2.00 GPA
- Be at least 16 years of age by the start of the internship
- Have U.S. citizenship or a U.S. legal work permit
- Preference given to current residents within the Seattle City Light service area
Our high school internships are posted in early April each year on our Current Internship Opportunities
and on the City of Seattle Internships and Workstudy