Yesler Terrace Electrical Improvements
Contact: Percy Schlimm - Senior Electrical Service Representative
Starting in early June 2018, Seattle City Light will be working to improve electrical reliability in the Yesler Terrace neighborhood by installing new utility poles, overhead wire and equipment.
CONSTRUCTION WORK AREA
- This project will replace aging electrical infrastructure and upgrade the existing electrical system.
- Customers can expect improved electrical reliability for the Yesler Terrace area.
- The electrical upgrades will reduce unplanned power outages.
- Crews will begin replacing utility poles, overhead wires and equipment on:
- Phase 1: 11th Avenue East between East Terrace and Spruce streets
- Phase 2: Alder Street between Terry Avenue and Broadway
- Phase 3: East Alder Street between Boren and 11th avenues
- Phase 4: East Alder Street between 11th and 12th avenues
- To be determined: Boren Avenue and Broadway street crossing
- Customers can expect temporary parking and lane restrictions in the immediate work area during construction hours.
- Crews will reduce traffic and parking impacts by working in one area at a time. Traffic control flaggers will be used to maintain traffic and pedestrian safety through the construction work areas.
- Noise is expected from construction and heavy equipment.
- Maintenance outages are required to do the work safely. Customers will be notified in advance of any outage.
June 11, 2018
Approximately two months
Daily Work Schedule:
Mon-Fri from 7 p.m. - 7 a.m. w/ weekend work
ALTERNATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Alternate Contact: -
Alternative Contact Phone: