Magnolia Communications/Streetlight Project
Contact: Chelsea Watson - Crown Castle Government Relations Specialist
Seattle City Light is partnering with Crown Castle to pilot a project that will support enhanced cellular and data services in the Magnolia area. The project includes the installation of two streetlight poles with LED fixtures near Constance Drive West and West Parkmont Place. One of the poles will be configured with non-functional cellular antenna equipment.
CONSTRUCTION WORK AREA
The new streetlights will be equipped with the Arieta LED fixture (seen above).
- Currently, the wireless coverage in the Magnolia neighborhood is insufficient to support the capacity needs of several wireless carriers due to the tough geographic terrain. This pilot project is designed to improve wireless services to the Magnolia area, allowing for better mobile coverage and capacity, improved call quality and fewer dropped calls.
- 70% of 911 calls come from wireless devices. This project will allow for increased public safety and enhanced-911 services to your area.
- The antennas will comply with FCC radio frequency (RF) safety standards.
- The new LED streetlights will make arterial streets safer by increasing their visibility at night. The fixtures will focus on Type 2 roadway lighting.
- Three streetlights will be out of service during construction. This impact is estimated to last one to two weeks.
- Maintenance power outages are not planned for this work.
- Some traffic and parking impacts are expected in the immediate work area. Traffic control flaggers will be used where needed on residential streets.
Tentative for mid-April 2018
Approximately two weeks
Daily Work Schedule:
Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
ALTERNATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Alternate Contact: -
Alternative Contact Phone: