Occidental Alley Infrastructure Improvements
Contact: Bill Danbom - Senior Electrical Service Representative
PROJECT UPDATE (10/9/2018)
Crews have finished about 45% of this project.
Seattle City Light plans to excavate and replace aging underground conduit (duct bank) along Occidental Alley, located east of Occidental Avenue South between South Washington and Main streets. The work will increase electrical reliability. Later, the City of Seattle's contractor will repave the alley with a Pioneer Square Preservation Board-approved brick pattern. We appreciate our customers' patience during this important work.
CONSTRUCTION WORK AREA
- The new electrical infrastructure and equipment will increase reliability and capacity of the Pioneer Square/downtown electrical system.
- The new pavement surface will improve this block of Occidental Alley.
- Customers should expect noise from heavy equipment during construction work hours. Access to businesses will remain open during construction.
- Parking will be restricted on South Washington Street and South Main streets for truck staging and equipment storage.
- If a power outage is necessary for this work, customers will be notified in advance.
- Access to Occidental Alley will be limited during construction. One side of the alley will be partially blocked or closed at a time. The work will proceed from north to south.
- Traffic will be restricted to one lane of travel for work on South Main Street.
- All excavated areas will be steel plated outside of working hours.
- Trash/recycling disposal locations may need to shift to designated areas in the alley.
early June 2018
Approximately 4 months (not including restoration)
Daily Work Schedule:
Mon - Fri, 9 am - 5 pm; weekends, 9 am - 6 pm
ALTERNATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Alternate Contact: -
Alternative Contact Phone: