970 Denny Way Service Connection
Contact: Mark Green - Crew Chief
PROJECT UPDATE (2/27/2018):
Crews have finished the first 60 feet, so they are approximately 60% complete with this project.
Seattle City Light plans a service connection for the 970 Denny Way building. The work will also promote the neighborhood’s future connection to the underground Network, thus improving the electrical reliability for the area. Our crews will be excavating and installing duct banks and a communication vault. The work will occur on the west side of Terry Avenue North between John Street and Denny Way and on the north side of Denny Way at its intersection with Terry Avenue North. See the maps for more detail on the location, staging and impacts.
Construction Zone Map: Stage 1
Construction Zone Map: Stage 2
- The customer will be connected to new service.
- There will be a future increase in service reliability in the neighborhood, since this work will make the area ready for connection with the underground network.
- Residents in the area should expect noise from saw cutting and concrete breaking especially at the start of the excavation.
- There will be an excavator parked alongTerry Avenue North, restricting parking.
- South bound traffic will be re-routed along John Street.
- Pedestrians will still have access to the east side of Terry Avenue North.
- No outages are planned.
- Once crews begin trenching ascross Terry Avenue North, west bound traffic on Denny Way will be restricted.
Planned: Feb. 10, 2018
February 10 to mid-March 2018
Daily Work Schedule:
M-F 9-3, weekends 9-5
ALTERNATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Alternate Contact: -
Alternative Contact Phone: