1st Ave South/Railroad Way South Duct Bank Install
Contact: Bill Danbom - Senior Electrical Service Representative
PROJECT UPDATE (6/1/2018):
Crews have completed this work. Temporary restoration took place on May 31.
Seattle City Light crews will be working along 1st Avenue South, between South Royal Brougham Way and Railroad Way South to install a new electrical duct bank. This work is needed to upgrade aging electrical infrastructure in the SODO neighborhood.
CONSTRUCTION WORK AREA
This project will replace aging electrical infrastructure and increase electrical reliability for the SODO and Pioneer Square areas.
- Stage 1: Crews will be working in the center two lanes on 1st Avenue South. Traffic will be detoured to the outside lanes going north and south.
- Stage 2: Crews will transition to the west side of 1st Avenue South, occupying both southbound lanes for duct bank excavation. Southbound traffic will merge with the northbound lanes on 1st Avenue South.
- Work will not occur two hours before and after major Pioneer Square/South of Downtown (SODO) events.
- Noise is expected during construction from jackhammering and heavy equipment.
- Parking will be restricted on both sides of 1st Avenue South for truck staging and equipment storage.
- Crews will maintain access to driveways for businesses.
- Maintenance power outages are not anticipated for this work.
Early February 2018
Approximately three months
Daily Work Schedule:
Mon-Fri: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.; weekends: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m
ALTERNATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Alternate Contact: -
Alternative Contact Phone: