1st Ave South/Railroad Way South Duct Bank Install
Contact: Chau Luu - Senior Electrical Service Representative
Project Update (10/31/2019)
Crews have completed the first 100' section of duct bank work. This project will resume on Monday, November 4th. However, due to the start of the State Route 99 tunnel tolling on Monday, November 9th, the 1st Avenue South project will be paused until Monday, November 25th.
Seattle City Light crews are needing to complete the final 400 feet of trench work on 1st Avenue South, between South Royal Brougham Way and Railroad Way South. Crews will be installing a new electrical duct bank. This work is needed to upgrade aging electrical infrastructure in the SODO and Pioneer Square areas.
Construction Work Area
This project will replace aging electrical infrastructure and increase electrical reliability for the SODO and Pioneer Square areas.
- Crews will work on the west side of 1st Avenue South, occupying both southbound lanes for duct bank excavation. Southbound traffic will merge with the northbound lanes on 1st Avenue South.
- Work will not occur two hours before and after major Pioneer Square/South of Downtown (SODO) events.
- Noise is expected during construction from jackhammering and heavy equipment.
- Some parking will be restricted on 1st Avenue South for truck staging and equipment storage.
- Crews will maintain access to driveways for businesses.
- Maintenance power outages are not anticipated for this work.
Early November 2019
Approximately three to four months
Daily Work Schedule:
Mon-Fri: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.; weekends: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m
ALTERNATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Alternate Contact: -
Alternative Contact Phone: