Arroyo Conduit Installation Project
Contact: David Mannery - Sr. Electrical Service Representative
PROJECT UPDATE (8/22/2018)
Upcoming construction work areas (August/September 2018):
- Crews are currently trenching for electrical conduit on 39th Avenue SW (between SW 106th and 107th streets).
- Work will also start on California Avenue SW and 107th Avenue SW.
- Customers can expect traffic detours through the construction work area. Flaggers will be present to direct traffic.
Underground, direct buried cables in the Arroyo neighborhood are approaching the end of their useful life and will require new electrical conduit and cables. Seattle City Light has identified several areas within the Arroyo neighborhood that will require installing new conduits, vaults, and other associated work. Streetlights will also be replaced as part of this work.
CONSTRUCTION WORK AREA
*Crews have begun installing electrical vaults throughout the project work area. To follow the progress of this work, please subscribe to our email updates or check our website each month.
- This work will result in enhanced electrical reliability and efficiency.
- City Light crews will be working in multiple locations at a time. Customers can expect temporary parking and traffic restrictions. Crews will work to limit traffic impacts.
- Maintenance power outages are required to do the work safely. Affected residents will be notified in advance before any outage.
- Trenching for conduits will occur in the public right-of-way (e.g. street and planting strips). Some sidewalk and driveway aprons will be affected. Trenches will be covered with steel plates or fenced off outside of construction work hours.
- City Light crews will work closely with Seattle Department of Transportation’s (SDOT) Urban Forestry group to ensure the protection of trees. SDOT staff may be onsite to monitor this work.
- All affected areas will be restored and repaved, in accordance with SDOT guidelines.
- Individual electrical service connections to new developments (homes/buildings) are not included in this work. The homeowner is responsible for installing conduit in their private property. Learn more at http://www.seattle.gov/light/electricservice/application.asp
- Crews will be installing 3000K LED streetlights in several areas. The Cleveland style streetlight fixture will be installed in smaller, residential streets. The Arieta fixture will be installed along Marine View Drive. These installations are anticipated to occur after civil construction is completed.
See photos for more information: Arroyo Streetlight Fixtures
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR EMAIL LIST
Sign up for email updates on the Arroyo Conduit Installation Project: http://ow.ly/2CMx30iN0eo
early to mid-May 2018
18-20 months w/ additional streetlight work
Daily Work Schedule:
Mon-Fri, 9am-3pm; weekends 9am-6pm, evenings
ALTERNATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Alternate Contact: -
Alternative Contact Phone: