Arroyo Conduit Installation Project
Contact: Community Outreach Team - SCL_CommOutreach@seattle.gov
PROJECT UPDATE (3/6/2018)
Seattle City Light’s conduit installation project in the Arroyo/South Arbor Heights area has been postponed due to permitting. Construction is no longer anticipated to start in March 2018. Once scheduling details have been confirmed, customers will be notified. A community meeting will also be scheduled closer to the start of construction.
Underground, direct buried cables in the Arroyo Heights neighborhood are approaching the ending of their life and will require new electrical conduit and cables. Seattle City Light has identified several areas within the Arroyo Beach neighborhood that will require installing new conduits, vaults and other associated work.
CONSTRUCTION WORK AREA
- This work will result in enhanced electrical reliability and efficiency.
- Crews will be working in multiple locations at a time. Customers can expect temporary parking and traffic restrictions. Crews will work to limit traffic impacts.
- Maintenance power outages are required to do the work safely. Affected residents will be notified in advance before any outage.
- Trenching for conduits will occur in the public right-of-way (e.g. street and planting strips). Trenches will be covered with steel plates outside of construction work hours.
- All affected streets and landscaping will be restored and repaved in kind, according to SDOT guidelines.
- Crews will work closely with Seattle Department of Transportation’s (SDOT) Urban Forestry group to ensure the protection of trees. SDOT staff may be onsite to monitor this work.
- Private service connections to homes are not included in this work. The homeowner is responsible for installing conduit in their private property.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR EMAIL LIST
Sign up for email updates on the Arroyo Conduit Installation Project: http://ow.ly/2CMx30iN0eo
Your feedback is important to us. Please use our comment form to let us know your thoughts about this project, or to ask a question. Submit your comment forms to SCL_CommOutreach@seattle.gov.
Approximately one year
Daily Work Schedule:
ALTERNATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Alternate Contact: -
Alternative Contact Phone: