Arroyo Conduit Installation Project
Contact: Community Outreach Team - SCL_CommOutreach@seattle.gov
Underground, direct buried cables in the Arroyo Heights neighborhood are approaching the ending of their life and will require new electrical conduit and cables. Seattle City Light has identified several areas within the Arroyo Beach neighborhood that will require installing new conduits, vaults and other associated work.
CONSTRUCTION WORK AREA
- Crews will be working in multiple locations at a time. Customers can expect temporary parking and traffic restrictions. Crews will work to limit traffic impacts.
- Maintenance power outages are required to do the work safely. Affected residents will be notified in advance before any outage.
- Trenching for conduits will occur in the public right-of-way (e.g. street and planting strips). Trenches will be covered with steel plates outside of construction work hours.
- All affected streets and landscaping will be restored and repaved in kind, per contract specifications.
- The contractor will work closely with Seattle Department of Transportation’s (SDOT) Urban Forestry group to ensure the protection of trees. SDOT staff may be onsite to monitor this work.
COMMUNITY MEETING PRESENTATION
Seattle City Light hosted a community meeting on December 14, 2017 at the Westside School to discuss the upcoming conduit installation project with residents. Several City Light staff members were on hand to answer community questions.
A copy of the presentation is included for those that were unable to attend the meeting.
Arroyo Community Meeting - Presentation
Your feedback is important to us. Please use our comment form to let us know your thoughts about this project, or to ask a question. Submit your comment forms to SCL_CommOutreach@seattle.gov.
Tentative for March 2018
Approximately one year
Daily Work Schedule:
ALTERNATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Alternate Contact: -
Alternative Contact Phone: