N.Beacon Hill Electric Vehicle Charging Station
Contact: John Owen - Supervisor, Emerging Technology Engineering
The North Beacon Hill neighborhood has been selected to receive Seattle City Light’s first public electric vehicle charging station in early-to-mid October 2017. The charging site will include two DC fast charging stations on 16th Avenue South and South Lander Street. The stations are part of the City of Seattle’s Drive Clean Initiative. See map below for more details:
Map of North Beacon Hill Electric Vehicle Charging Station
- Residents near the charging station will have easy accessibility.
- Installation of these stations will benefit the environment and reduce air pollution.
- Businesses near the charging stations will get increased exposure, which will help grow and sustain the local economy.
- The stations will reduce congestion at current electric vehicle charging stations.
- Crews will be digging trenches for electric service updates and then laying concrete foundation at the project site.
- Two parking spaces will be used for electric vehicle charging.
- There will be a partial street closure and noise during construction.
- A new pole with transformers will be installed on 16th Avenue South.
- A small area of landscaping on the city right-of-way will be affected due to the pole installation.
- Weekend work will occur if needed on Saturday - Sunday from 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Whenever possible crews will keep all customers in power. If power outages are necessary, customers will receive advance notification.
Scheduled for 12/11
Approx. 3-4 weeks, depending on crew availability
Daily Work Schedule:
M-F-8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.; Sat.-Sun 7 a.m.-4 p.m.
ALTERNATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Alternate Contact: -
Alternative Contact Phone: