1st Ave. South and South Jackson Street Duct Bank
Contact: Percy Schlimm - Sr. Electrical Service Representative
Seattle City Light is taking steps to maintain the electrical reliability in the Pioneer Square area. Crews must excavate to replace underground electrical conduits (duct banks) and then pull in new electrical cable at vaults along South Jackson Street. The work will start approximately one-half block east of First Avenue South and end at South Jackson Street’s intersection with First Avenue South. The plan is to complete the work in three stages.
CONSTRUCTION WORK STAGES AND IMPACTS
STAGE 1: Planned Start is the week of July 31. The duration is 45 days and work schedule is Mon-Fri 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
STAGE 2:Planned start date is Septerber, 2017. The duration is 30 days and work schedule is Sat-Sun 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
STAGE 3:Planned start date is October, 2017. The duration is 30 days and work schedule is Sat-Sun 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Improve the electrical reliability and capacity in the area. This project is being done in coordination with the City Center Connector Streetcar project.
GENERAL PROJECT IMPACTS AND MITIGATION
- No power outages are expected. Heavy equipment and trucks will be located at the worksite.
- Traffic, parking, and pedestrian impacts will occur near the worksite to promote safety and accommodate equipment. See the maps on the back side. Uniformed police officers will assist traffic and pedestrians.
- Excavated areas will be covered with steel plates during non-work hours.
- Weekend work will take place at the First Avenue South intersection. Lanes will be reduced and detours in effect. The intersection will be clear two hours before and for one hour after major Pioneer Square/SODO events.
- Crews will pull the electrical cable into the duct banks at a later date. That work involves crews working at vaults only, so it has a much smaller impact.
As early as the week of July 31, 2017
Approximately 3 months
Daily Work Schedule:
Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., weekend
ALTERNATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Alternate Contact: -
Alternative Contact Phone: