SODO Electrical System Upgrades
Contact: Percy Schlimm - Sr. Electrical Service Representative
PROJECT UPDATE (11/22/2017)
Crews are wrapping up their work on 6th Avenue South in the coming weeks. They will transition towards the work area on South Massachusetts Street, 8th Avenue South and Holgate Street.
Seattle City Light plans to replacing aging electrical infrastructure in the SODO neighborhood. The work will include replacing aging utility poles, overhead wire and equipment to help upgrade the existing electrical system.
CONSTRUCTION WORK AREA
- The project will replacing aging electrical infrasturcture and upgrade the existing electrical system.
- The electrical upgrades will reduce unplanned power outages.
- Crews will begin replacing utility poles, overhead wire and equipment in the following areas:
- 6th Avenue South
- 8th Avenue South
- South Massachusetts Street
- Holgate Street
- Maintenance power outages are required to do the work safely. Notification will be provided in advance of outages. The notification will specify the date, time and duration of the outage.
- Crews will reduce traffic and parking impacts by working one area at a time. However, traffic will be restricted and “No Park” signs enforced in work zones. “No Park” signs will be removed once work has been completed.
- The new poles will be placed alongside preexisting poles. Pre-existing poles will be removed once the transfer of all utilities is done by other utilities. Seattle City Light will monitor these efforts to facilitate the removal of old poles.
early to mid-June 2017
Approximately 6 months
Daily Work Schedule:
Mon - Fri, 7 am to 5 pm w/ nights & weekend work
ALTERNATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Alternate Contact: -
Alternative Contact Phone: