8th and Virginia Emergency Repair Work
Contact: Brian Belger - Network Field Supervisor
PROJECT UPDATE (5/26/2017): This work has been completed.
Seattle City Light is performing emergency repair work beginning this weekend, Sat., May 13 and Sun., May 14 to maintain the electrical reliability in the South Lake Union area. Crews must repair underground electrical conduits that have shifted out of place near the intersection of Eighth Avenue and Virginia Street. The work is a necessary first step to ensure that no further shifting takes place and to prevent failure of underground electrical cables. West bound traffic on Virginia Street will be detoured.
CONSTRUCTION WORK AREA
- Ensure the electrical infrastructure and reliability in the area.
- No power outages are expected. Heavy equipment and trucks will be located at the worksite.
- Traffic, parking, and pedestrian impacts will occur near the worksite to promote safety and accommodate equipment.
- West bound traffic on Virginia Street will be detoured to 9th Avenue and Steward Street before reentering 8th Avenue. 8th Aveneue traffic will be maintained, as well as East bound traffic on Virginia Street.
- Electrical crews will be working at night following the excavation work. That work involves crews working in the nearby vault, so it has a smaller impact.
May 13, 2017
May 13 - 14
Daily Work Schedule:
Sat - Sun 8:00 a.m. to early evening
ALTERNATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Alternate Contact: -
Alternative Contact Phone: