First Hill Streetlight Repairs
Contact: Seattle City Light Streetlight Division - Hotline
PROJECT UPDATE (5/27/2017): This work has been completed.
Seattle City Light will be working to improve pedestrian safety in the First Hill neighborhood by temporarily repairing 18 failed streetlights on Madison Street, spanning from Minor to Terry avenues. Crews will connect overhead cables from Terry Avenue and Madison Street towards Boren and 9th avenues to restore power to the failed streetlights.
CONSTRUCTION WORK AREA
- The project will improve safety for roadway and pedestrian travel.
- Repairs will increase electrical reliability and streetlighting for the First Hill neighborhood.
- The repairs will replace aging infrastructure.
- Crews may be working on both sides of Madison Street to span cable across the street.
- Customers can expect temporary parking and lane restrictions in the immediate work area during construction hours.
- Traffic control flaggers and uniformed police officers will be used to maintain traffic and pedestrian safety through Madison Street and its intersections on Terry, Boren and Minor avenues.
- Noise is expected from construction and heavy equipment.
- Access to businesses will be open at all times.
- Maintenance outages are required to do the work safely. Customers will be notified in advance of any outage.
For more information, please visit www.seattle.gov/light/streetlight.
Sunday, May 21, 2017
Approximately 5 days
Daily Work Schedule:
Mon-Fri from 9am-3pm w/ evening and night work
ALTERNATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Alternate Contact: -
Alternative Contact Phone: