2nd Avenue & Bell Street Duct Bank Installation
Contact: Kristy Tibbetts - Crew Coordinator
PROJECT UPDATE (3/14/2017):
Civil crews have completed their work. Restoration is currently in progress.
Seattle City Light is working to increase reliability for the electrical system in the Belltown neighborhood by installing a new underground service duct bank. Crews will do their best to mitigate the disruption, noise and congestion associated with this work.
CONSTRUCTION WORK AREA
- The project will enhance electrical reliability.
- Crews will be working on the south corner of 2nd Avenue and Bell Street to excavate for the new service duct bank.
- A vactor truck will be used to excavate for concrete and dirt. The vactor soil removal process will result in louder noise levels during construction work hours.
- Maintenance outages are not anticipated for this work.
- Trenches will be covered and barricaded outside of working hours. Pedestrian access will be restricted on 2nd Avenue and Bell Street.
- Parking will be restricted on Bell Street for truck and equipment staging.
Early to mid-March 2017
Approximately 1-2 weeks
Daily Work Schedule:
Mon - Fri, 9 am - 3 pm; weekends from 9 am - 6 pm
ALTERNATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Alternate Contact: -
Alternative Contact Phone: