Chinatown-International District Improvements
Contact: Percy Schlimm - Senior Electrical Service Representative
Starting in mid-to-late January 2017, Seattle City Light will begin replacing aging utility poles and its associated infrastructure in parts of the Chinatown-International District and Yesler Terrace neighborhoods.
CONSTRUCTION WORK AREA
Note: Click on the map for a larger view.
- The project will replace aging electrical infrastructure and upgrade the existing electrical system.
- The electrical upgrades will reduce unplanned power outages.
Crews will begin replacing utility poles, overhead wire and equipment in the following areas:
- 10th Avenue South between South Weller Street and South Jackson Street
- South King Street between 10th Avenue South and 18th Avenue South
- Maintenance power outages are required to do the work safely. Notification will be provided in advance of outages. The notification will specify the date, time and duration of the outage.
- Crews will reduce traffic and parking impacts by working one area at a time. However, traffic will be restricted and "No Park" signs enforced in work zones. "No Park" signs will be removed once work has been completed.
- The new poles will be placed alongside pre-existing poles. Pre-existing poles will be removed once the transfer of all utilities is done by other companies. Seattle City Light will monitor these efforts to facilitate the removal of old poles.
mid-to-late January 2017
Daily Work Schedule:
Mon - Fri, 7 am to 5 pm w/ nights & weekend work
ALTERNATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Alternate Contact: -
Alternative Contact Phone: