PROJECT UPDATE (2/27/2017)
This project was started on approximately 2/17/2017.
Seattle City Light is taking steps to maintain the electrical reliability in the Pioneer Square area. Crews must excavate to replace underground electrical conduits (duct banks) and then pull in new electrical cable at vaults along South Washington Street. The work will start approximately one-half block east of First Avenue South and end at South Washington Street’s intersection with First Avenue South. The plan is to complete the work in three stages. All dates are approximate. View the maps for:
• Improve the electrical infrastructure and reliability in the area.
• Proactively maintain the area’s electrical needs for future growth.
• No power outages are expected.
• Heavy equipment and trucks will be located at the worksite.
• Traffic, parking, and pedestrian impacts will occur near the worksite. See the maps on the back side.
• Excavated areas will be covered with steel plates during non-work hours.
• Weekend work will take place at the First Avenue South intersection. Lanes will be reduced and detours in effect.
• Crews will pull the electrical cable into the duct banks at a later date. That work involves crews working at vaults only, so it has a much smaller impact.
Contact Customer Service
Or submit an inquiry online