East Union Street Underground Conversions
Contact: Susan Kallies - Seattle City Light Resident Engineer
PROJECT UPDATE (7/18/2017):
CONSTRUCTION WORK AREA (JULY 2017)
Seattle City Light's contractor, Pellco Construction, has completed the final pavement restoration work along East Union Street and 11th Avenue.
11th Avenue Between East Pike Street and East Union Street
Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) will be making sidewalk improvements on the west side of 11th Avenue for improved pedestrian mobility and a low speed vehicle environment. Restoration will include a wider sidewalk and curb ramp.
Learn more about the design concept plan: 10th and 11th Avenue Street Design Concept Plan
For more information on the sidewalk restoration work, please contact Susan McLaughlin, SDOT Urban Design at (206) 733-9649 or email@example.com.
A Seattle City Light contractor will be working in the Capitol Hill neighborhood to install underground electrical conduit, vaults and associated equipment in parts of East Union Street from 10th to 11th Avenue. This work is aligned with the City of Seattle’s ordinance to underground power lines in this area.
OVERALL CONSTRUCTION WORK AREA
Note: Overall project zone depicted. Work impacts will be phased and active work areas will be updated within this footprint.
- Completion of this work will allow for a more reliable power system.
- This work is needed to meet the City of Seattle’s ordinance to underground power lines in this area.
PROJECT IMPACTS & TIMELINE
- Phases of work will include temporary travel lanes, parking lane, sidewalk and bike lane impacts.
- Trenching will occur along East Union Street and segments of 10th and 11th Noise is expected from heavy equipment and jackhammering.
- Access to businesses will be open at all times.
- There will be parking restrictions as trucks are staged on site during work hours. Excavated areas will be covered over with steel plates during non-work hours.
- Maintenance outages are required to do the work safely. Customers will be notified in advance of any outage.
Subscribe to Construction Updates
Sign up for monthly email updates on this project by visiting the following link: http://bit.ly/CityLightCapHill
Week of January 9, 2017
Estimated for completion in July 2017
Daily Work Schedule:
Mondays to Fridays from 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
ALTERNATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Alternate Contact: Susan McLaughlin - SDOT Urban Design
Alternative Contact Phone: