City Light plans to upgrade overhead utility poles in the Mt. Baker neighborhood. The work is necessary to support the operation of Sound Transit’s planned East Link Extension trains and systems. Throughout the entire project area, crews plan to install new poles and replace existing poles with new ones.
The work will occur:
• Along S. Norman St. between Yakima Ave S. and 33rd Ave S.
• Along 33rd Ave S between S Norman St and S Irving St.
• Along S. Irving St between 33rd Ave S. and 35th Ave S.
• Provided the needed support for the Sound Transit’s planned East Link Extension trains and systems.
• Maintenance power outages are required to do the work safely. Crews will place a door hanger or make personal contact 48-72 hours in advance of outages. The notification will specify the date, time and duration of the outage.
• New poles will be placed alongside existing poles and will meet standard heights and widths required for overhead power line construction. This may mean that the poles in your area will be slightly taller and approximately two inches wider than existing poles.
• Once the electrical equipment is relocated, it may take several months before the other companies with utilities on the existing poles make their transfer(s). We will continue to monitor/coordinate these efforts as needed to facilitate the removal of old poles.
Contact Customer Service
Or submit an inquiry online