Utility Pole Upgrade in Support of East Link
Contact: Joe Hampton - Sr. Project Manager
PROJECT UPDATE (6/28/2018)
Our crews completed this work in the late spring. Restoration of holes left by temporary poles will follow. We appreciate our customer's patience.
Seattle City Light will be supporting Sound Transit's East Link light rail extension project by replacing 33 utility poles and adding 7 new poles in the Mt. Baker neighborhood. New poles will be placed alongside existing poles and will meet standard heights and widths required for overhead power line construction. The new poles are approximately 5’ taller, will be slightly larger in diameter, and will have slightly larger wire than existing poles. More deails including a map of the pole locations can be found below.
The work will occur:
- Along S. Norman St. between Yakima Ave S. and 33rd Ave S.
- Along 33rd Ave S between S Norman St and S Irving St.
- Along S. Irving St between 33rd Ave S. and 35th Ave S.
- Near the South Judkins Street and 30th Avenue South
• Provided the needed support for the Sound Transit’s planned East Link Extension trains and systems.
- Crews will begin replacing poles and transfer wires as early as January 22. This is anticipated to take approximately four months to complete.
- Poles will be delivered and may be staged on sidewalks in the project area.
- Work will occur during daytime hours within the public right-of-way along sidewalks and streets.
- Local traffic detours may be necessary – please follow direction of flaggers to safely access your destination.
- Maintenance power outages are required to do the work safely. Crews will provide 24-48 hours advance notification that specifies the date, time and duration of the outage.
- Once new poles and equipment are installed, existing poles may remain and will be removed at a later date. City Light communicates the fact that it has completed its work with the other utilities that have wire remaining on the pole. Customers can contact them (typically your Communications utility) to better understand the date of the pole removal.
Approximately 5 months
Daily Work Schedule:
Mon thru Fri 6 a.m. to 4 p.m., some weekends
ALTERNATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Alternate Contact: Zack Ambrose - Sound Transit Community Outreach Specialist
Alternative Contact Phone: