Pioneer Passage Infrastructure Improvement
Contact: Bill Danbom - Sr. Electrical Service Representative
PROJECT UPDATE (2/27/2017)
City Light's civil construction crew are complete with work in the alley as of Saturday, February 11. The alley has reopened to through traffic.
At a later date, electrical crews plan to pull in the new power cable. But, that is much lower impact since crews are accessing their work at vaults only and no excavation is needed.
Seattle City Light plans to increase reliability by replacing aging underground conduit (duct bank) and electrical cable along the Pioneer Passage alley. The alley is located east of 1st Avenue South between South Washington Street and Yesler Way. The project is being coordinated with the Alliance for Pioneer Square and the Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT). SDOT plans to repave the alley with a Pioneer Square Preservation Board-approved brick pattern.
MAP OF CONSTRUCTION AREA AND GENERAL SEQUENCE:
Click to expand.
PROJECT BENEFITS AND IMPACTS
- The new electrical infrastructure and equipment will increase the reliability and capacity of the Pioneer Square/downtown electrical system.
- The new pavement surface will be a long-lasting and beautiful addition to Pioneer Passage.
- No power outages are expected.
- The work will proceed from south to north in stages with parking not permitted as necessary in order to stage trucks. See map.
- Customers should expect noise caused by construction equipment during work hours.
- Access to the alley will be limited during construction, but open after construction hours. One side of the alley at a time will be partially blocked or closed depending on which stage the crews are working in. Uniformed police officers will be on-site to help with traffic and pedestrians.
- Trash/recycling disposal locations may need to shift to designated areas in the alley and alley deliveries should be redirected to the surrounding streets.
Approximately October, 10
Mid February 2017
Daily Work Schedule:
Mon-Fri, 9 am-3 pm; some weekends 9 am-3 pm
ALTERNATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Alternate Contact: -
Alternative Contact Phone: