Hillcrest Conduit and Vault Installation
Contact: David Mannery - Electrical Service Representative
PROJECT UPDATE (2/23/2016):
Seattle City Light crews are nearly complete with Phase 2 of the improvements in Hillcrest. Crews anticipate they will be moving onto Phase 3 next.
See the map below with the impacted areas and phases.
PROJECT OVERVIEW AND BENEFITS
Seattle City Light plans to maintain electrical reliability in the Hillcrest Development by rebuilding parts of the underground system. The overall refurbishing of the system was begun in 2013. City Light must now return to complete this phase of the project. The work started on September 26, 2016.
The work involves trenching for the installation of the conduit and vaults. The project is the next step to ultimately replacing the existing cables.
A map showing the three work areas and their sequence is below.
- Planned outages may be required. If required, customers will be notified in advance.
- Trenching will occur in the public right-of-way. Affected landscaping, sod, driveway aprons, and sidewalks will be restored to City standards.
- Parking restrictions are necessary to work safely/efficiently. Trenches will be plated at night.
- Once conduit and vault installation are complete, the electrical cable will be pulled into place.
- Trenching in the three sections of work for the conduit and vaults is planned from the first September 26, 2016 through March 2017.
- Installing the new electrical cable will occur between Jan – June 2017. This phase will not require trenching, but power outages will be necessary in Mar-June 2017 timeframe. Customers will receive advanced notification with specific dates and times.
The project will proceed in the planned ordered shown above with the SW Bradford Street section starting first.
September 26, 2016
This phase is expected to last through Mar. 2017
Daily Work Schedule:
Mon-Fri, 8:00 a.m. - 4 p.m., some weekends
ALTERNATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Alternate Contact: -
Alternative Contact Phone: