6th Avenue & Cherry Street Duct Bank Installation
Contact: Kristy Tibbetts - Crew Coordinator
PROJECT UPDATE (4/19/2017):
Crews are currently working weekends for construction on Stages 3 & 4. Weekday work will resume on Thursday, April 20. The entire project is anticipated for completion in July 2017.
Seattle City Light plans to install new conduit (duct bank) between the existing electrical vaults at 6th Avenue and Cherry Street. Crews plan to excavate on the west side of 6th Avenue into the south side of Cherry Street. The new duct bank will be installed and the street restored.
Map of the Construction Work Area:
- The project will allow us to provide new electrical connections in the area.
- Stage 3 & 4 (April 2017 to July 2017): Crews will work on the intersection of 6th Avenue and Cherry Street, and continue into the south side of Cherry Street.
- During work hours, crews will maintain traffic along Cherry Street. Parking will be restricted on the south side of Cherry.
- Traffic and pedestrian safety will be maintained by uniformed police officers.
- Crews will be careful to maintain access to buildings and parking garages. Driveways will remain open during construction.
- Noise is expected during daylight hours from jack hammering and heavy equipment.
- Trenches will be steel plated during non-working hours.
- Maintenance outages are not anticipated. If they become necessary, notification will be provided at least 48 hours in advance of the outage.
early September 2016
The entire project is expected to last 10 months
Daily Work Schedule:
Mon - Fri, 9am - 3pm w/ some weekend & night work
ALTERNATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Alternate Contact: -
Alternative Contact Phone: