6th Avenue & Cherry Street Duct Bank Installation
Contact: Kristy Tibbetts - Crew Coordinator
PROJECT UPDATE (3/14/2017):
This work is scheduled to resume in mid-March 2017 with Stage 3. Construction is estimated for completion in April/May 2017.
Seattle City Light plans to install new conduit (duct bank) between the existing electrical vaults at 6th Avenue and Cherry Street. Crews plan to excavate on the west side of 6th Avenue into the south side of Cherry Street. The new duct bank will be installed and the street restored.
Map of the Construction Work Area:
- The project will allow us to provide new electrical connections in the area.
- Stage 1 (September 2016 to October 2016): Civil work on the intersection of Columbia Street and 6th Avenue will occur only on weekends. One lane will remain open on Columbia Street during work hours. Street parking will be restricted on 6th Avenue between Marion Street and Columbia Street.
- Stage 2 (September 2016 to November 2016): Traffic will be taken down to two lanes on 6th Avenue on weekdays and some weekends.
- Stage 3 & 4 (Late November 2016 to April/May 2017): Crews will work on the intersection of 6th Avenue and Cherry Street, and continue into the south side of Cherry Street. During work hours, Cherry Street will be taken down to one lane. Parking will be restricted on both sides of Cherry.
- Traffic and pedestrian safety will be maintained by uniformed police officers.
- Crews will be careful to maintain access to buildings and parking garages. Driveways will remain open during construction.
- Noise is expected during daylight hours from jack hammering and heavy equipment.
- Trenches will be steel plated during non-working hours.
- Maintenance outages are not anticipated. If they become necessary, notification will be provided at least 48 hours in advance of the outage.
early September 2016
The entire project is expected to last 8-9 months
Daily Work Schedule:
Mon - Fri, 9am - 3pm w/ some weekend & night work
ALTERNATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Alternate Contact: -
Alternative Contact Phone: