Electrical Improvements Along Harrison Street
Contact: Kristy Tibbetts - Crew Coordinator
PROJECT UPDATE (2/28/2018):
Seattle City Light continues their work to increase the reliability of the electrical system in the South Lake Union neighborhood. Due to delays with construction, work on Harrison Street will continue through mid-to-late March 2018. Please see the updates below for more information.
Seattle City Light is working to increase the reliability of the electrical system in the South Lake Union neighborhood by excavating for new electrical vaults and conduit (duct bank).
CONSTRUCTION WORK AREA:
- The project will enhance electrical reliability.
Stage 1 & 2:
- Crews have completed this work.
- This stage has been completed.
Stage 4 (February - March 2018)
- Crews will work at 9th Avenue North and Harrison Street. Traffic and pedestrian safety will be maintained by uniformed police officers.
- Noise is expected during daylight hours from jack hammering and heavy equipment.
- Customers can expect temporary parking and traffic restrictions. Detour signs will direct drivers through and from the parking garages in the alley.
- Trenches will be steel plated at night and traffic will reopen outside of working hours. Crews will maintain access to local businesses.
Construction will continue through March 2018
Tentative for completion in mid-to-late March 2018
Daily Work Schedule:
Mon-Fri: 9am-3pm; Sat/Sun: 9am-5pm; evening/nights
ALTERNATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Alternate Contact: -
Alternative Contact Phone: