Electrical Improvements Along Harrison Street
Contact: Kristy Tibbetts - Crew Coordinator
PROJECT UPDATE (7/13/2017):
Crews will continue working through this project through late July. Due to crew availability, work at Harrison Street will be paused until Fall 2017.
Seattle City Light is working to increase the reliability of the electrical system in the South Lake Union neighborhood by excavating for new electrical vaults and conduit (duct bank). This work will be done in four stages, starting with Stage 1.
Map of the Construction Work Zone:
- The project will enhance electrical reliability.
Stage 1 (January - February 2017):
- Crews will be breaking street pavement on Harrison Street between Dexter Avenue North and 8th Avenue North to install the new electrical vault and conduit. During construction, Harrison Street will be closed to all westbound traffic from Dexter Avenue to 8th Avenue North, but open to all eastbound traffic.
Stage 2 (March 2017):
- Crews will be breaking street pavement on Harrison Street and excavating across 8th Avenue North. One lane will remain open at all times.
Stage 3 (June 2017 to July 2017):
- On Harrison Street, crews will work between 8th and 9th avenues north, Harrison Street will be closed down during work hours. Traffic will be detoured.
Stage 4 (July 2017 - August 2017):
- Crews will work at 9th Avenue North and Harrison Street. Traffic will be detoured on weekends from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and weeknights from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. due to high volumes of traffic.
- Noise is expected during daylight hours from jack hammering and heavy equipment.
- Customers can expect temporary parking and traffic restrictions. Traffic and pedestrian safety will be maintained by uniformed police officers.
- During construction, uniformed police officers be on site to assist all pedestrians and traffic through detours.
- Trenches will be steel plated at night and traffic will reopen outside of working hours. Crews will maintain access to local businesses.
Construction resumed in January 2017
approximately 4 months
Daily Work Schedule:
Mon-Fri,9am-3pm; weekends,9am-6pm; evening/nights
ALTERNATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Alternate Contact: -
Alternative Contact Phone: