Fairview Ave North Bridge Replacement
Contact: William Chin - Project Manager
The schedule for the planned installation of the transmission poles and power lines is taking shape:
City Light has obtained a permit to stage equipment/materials:
- in the parking lot adjacent to 1171 Fairview Ave E.; as well as,
- in the gravel parking lot adjacent to 1515 Fairview Ave E.
Tentative Construction Schedule:
- March 28, 2017: No Parking easels to be placed at the parking stalls along south parking lot and north parking lot (1151 and 1171 Fairview Ave N). Fencing/temporary jersey barriers may be required along the north parking lot for City Light equipment.
- April 1-30, 2017: City Light Crews will take delivery from steel pole vendor and finish assembling/erecting poles during/on April 1st and April 2nd. Overhead line installation will begin shortly afterward and it's anticipated to last approximately 20 business days.
Seattle City Light plans to install a temporary second set of power lines along Fairview Avenue North. Crews will temporarily install two new 100-foot steel poles; including their corresponding foundations and power lines to the west of the permanent poles and lines and de-energize the permanent lines. Once the bridge replacement project is complete, City Light crews will remove the temporary poles and foundations and re-energize the permanent lines. SDOT plans to start the bridge replacement project in winter 2017/2018. See the Fairview Avenue North Bridge Replacement Power Lines Relocation Project map for Seattle City Light's work.
The work is necessary to assure safe electrical clearance distances and system reliability during the Seattle Department of Transportation's (SDOT) project to replace the aging Fairview Avenue North Bridge.
- Public use of the space (including parking) near the location of the temporary steel poles will not be permitted during construction.
- No power outages are anticipated at this time. If outages are necessary, customers will be notified two weeks in advance.
- August 2016 - Shaft foundations for two temporary steel poles were installed.
- April 2017 - City Light Crews will install two temporary steel poles and temporary transmission (115 kV) and distribution (26 kV) lines.
- End of 2019 (once bridge replacement is complete) - Temporary poles, transmission and distribution lines removed, and original lines re-energized.
For more information on the Fairview Avenue North Bridge Replacement Project, visit: www.seattle.gov/transportation/fairviewbridge.htm or email email@example.com.
Daily Work Schedule:
Currently, Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
ALTERNATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Alternate Contact: -
Alternative Contact Phone: