SODO Overhead Reliability Upgrade
Contact: Bill Danbom - Sr. Electrical Service Representative
PROJECT UPDATE (8/8/2017)
This project has been completed.
Seattle City Light will be continuing work to increase electrical service reliability in the SODO neighborhood. Previously, crews were working along Utah Avenue South. The project will next proceed south from2nd Avenue South and the Spokane Street Viaduct onto City Light's South Substation at 4th Avenue South. This project involves replacing poles, overhead electrical wire and upgrading equipment.
Newly installed electrical wire and equipment will improve system reliability and add capacity to the SODO area.
PROJECT TIMELINE & IMPACTS
- Crews will be replacing poles, overhead electrical wire and equipment to increase electrical capacity and reliability
- Several maintenance outages will be required for crews to do the work safely. The typical outage length is two to three hours. Customers will be notified one to two weeks in advance of a maintenance outage.
- Not all customers within the work zone will be affected by the power outages. City Light will contact customers to confirm maintenance outages.
- Parking impacts are expected. "No Parking" signs will be enforced but kept to a minimum. Crews will remove them as soon as the work is finished.
- Customers and businesses should expect noise during construction.
Approximately two years
Daily Work Schedule:
Mon-Fri from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., some evenings
ALTERNATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Alternate Contact: -
Alternative Contact Phone: