The Seattle City Light Construction Management Services unit is charged with administering public works
construction contracts for the utility. The units' work includes:
- Administering construction contracts from contract execution through close-out
- Performing quality control inspections of contractors' work
- Coordinating public works construction with other City Light groups, agencies and City departments
- Resolving construction issues with the project team
- Processing contractors' submittals, correspondence, change orders and claims
- Calculating monthly progress payments to contractors
- Monitoring safe work practices
- Ensuring the completion of as-built records
In addition to construction contract administration, Construction Management also assists engineers
and project managers with project planning, constructability reviews, and inter-departmental and
inter-agency construction coordination from initial design through construction and completion of
our public works projects.
For more information on City Light Construction Management services, please call 206.386.4569.