Description of Decrease
Bonneville Power Administration Pass-Through
Rates Effective November 1, 2005
Effective November 1, 2005, energy charges for most residential and general service rate classes will decrease by about 2 percent. The decrease in the energy charge will be 0.14 cents per kWh for the following rate classes:
For customers in the Residential Rate Assistance classes (Schedules RLC, RLS, REC, RES and RET) the decrease will be one half of the decrease for other classes (0.07 cents per kWh).
- Standard Residential - City, Suburban and Tukwila (Schedules RSC, RSS and RST)
- Small General Service - City, Suburban and Tukwila (Schedules SMC, SMS and SMT)
- Medium General Service - City, Suburban, Tukwila and Network (Schedules MDC, MDS MDT and MDD)
- Large General Service - City, Suburban, Tukwila and Network (Schedules LGC, LGS, LGT and LGD)
- High Demand General Service - City and Tukwila (Schedules HDC and HDT)
These changes pass through to our customers the effect of decreases in power rates charged by the Bonneville Power Administration (BPA). The City Council mandated the pass-through of changes in BPA rates (up or down) in the rate ordinances that were passed in January and May 2001.