Program History and Process Summary
An honored tradition since 1984, Light Power and Pride is Seattle City Light's most celebrated employee recognition program.
The awards strengthen the partnership between management, employees and the bonds between the City of Seattle and our City Light customers. City Light's Vision, Mission & Values is the guiding principle for the annual recognition program:
- To set the standard and deliver the best customer service experience of any utility in the nation
- To be dedicated to exceeding our customers' expectations in producing and delivering environmentally responsible, safe, low cost and reliable power.
- To aspire to excellence, accountability, trust and stewardship.
Thus, the focus of the employee recognition event is to:
- Provide a visible, powerful way to communicate and reinforce the behavior and outcome that is most important to the success of Seattle City Light.
- Encourage high productivity within the context of excellence to our customers.
- Encourage and support the achievement of collaborative work groups and teams.
- Support efforts that result in an improved working environment.
- And encourage creativity, innovation and initiative.
Human Resources is the executive sponsor for the awards program, however, the nomination and selection process, and event planning process is led by a committee of dedicated City Light employees.
2009 Light, Power & Pride Nomination and Selection Committee
John Gustafson, Internal Communication
Wes Peterson, Apprenticeship & Lineworker
Power Supply & Environmental Affairs
Cindy Wright, Power Management
Denise Krownbell, Environmental Affairs
Jesse Mack, Utility Support Service (Shops)
Wanda Schulze, Sr. Capital Projects Coordinator
Customer Service and Energy Delivery
Tanya Panomvana, Network Engineering
Steve Brewer, Energy Deliver Operations
2009 Light, Power and Pride Award Winners
The 2009 Light, Power & Pride Awards Ceremony was held December 1, 2009 at Town Hall Seattle. More than 300 employees were greeted by the toe-tapping Latin sounds of the band MangoSon, whose lead singer is City Light's Roberto Bonaccorso. A dessert reception was followed by the awards ceremony. Led by Human Resources, a committee of City Light employees organized this annual event Congratulations to the 2009 Light, Power & Pride award winners.
Savvy Money Saver Award
Cristine Knowlton and Lawrence Bigham
Effective Team Builder
Network Coordinator Team
Stephanie Lee, Steve Kuhnly and Ralph Kefgen
Power Contracts Administrator Team
Doris Clemence, Connie Fevold, Robin Cross
Change Management through Creativity and Innovation
Race and Social Justice
Unsung Hero/Outstanding Customer Service
Photo Not Available
Bridgett Bascomb, Berle Hardie, Steve Kovac, Sam Calhoun, Will Jones, James Malo, Jeff Pricco, Sherman Williams
Workplace Safety and Environmental Sustainability
Mark VanOss and Linda Regan-Yonck
Crew of the Year
Jeff Bynum, Steve Bocanegra, Jerry Colver, Kelly Bills