Program History and Process Summary
An honored tradition since 1984, Light Power and Pride is Seattle City Light's most celebrated employee recognition program.
The awards strengthen the partnership between management, employees and the bonds between the City of Seattle and our City Light customers. City Light's Vision, Mission & Values is the guiding principle for the annual recognition program:
- To set the standard and deliver the best customer service experience of any utility in the nation
- To be dedicated to exceeding our customers' expectations in producing and delivering environmentally responsible, safe, low cost and reliable power.
- To aspire to excellence, accountability, trust and stewardship.
Thus, the focus of the employee recognition event is to:
- Provide a visible, powerful way to communicate and reinforce the behavior and outcome that is most important to the success of Seattle City Light.
- Encourage high productivity within the context of excellence to our customers.
- Encourage and support the achievement of collaborative work groups and teams.
- Support efforts that result in an improved working environment.
- And encourage creativity, innovation and initiative.
Human Resources is the executive sponsor for the awards program, however, the nomination and selection process, and event planning process is led by a committee of dedicated City Light employees.