Central Waterfront Transmission Line Relocation Project
Transmission Line Home
Updated: March 21, 2017
Construction for Transmission Line Relocation Phase 2 is scheduled to begin in March
Construction for Phase 2 is scheduled to begin in March 2017 and is expected to last six months, with two more months of cable pulling and splicing. The project is expected to be complete in fall 2017. Construction will move north to south, starting at Yesler Way and ending at South King Street.
This week, crews will begin to mobilize equipment in preparation for Phase 2 work. Work includes breaking pavement, potholing and utility investigation. Most construction activities will occur out of sight and inside of the SR 99 Tunnel Project fenced-off work zone on Alaskan Way. The most visible work includes crossing access to Colman Dock Ferry Terminal at Yesler Way. This will require night work, scheduled to begin the week of March 26, to minimize impacts to vehicle access.
- We will temporarily and intermittently impact traffic, pedestrian and bicycle paths. Please follow the direction of flaggers and signage to access your destination.
- A vactor truck will be used to pothole and identify existing utilities
- Work hours are from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. During night work, work hours are from 9 p.m. to 5 am., Sunday through Thursday nights. The noisiest work, including saw-cutting and pavement breaking, will only last until 10 p.m.
- During night work, ferry traffic to Colman Dock at Yesler Way will be inbound only – all outgoing traffic will use Marion Street.
- Night work at Yesler Way is scheduled to begin the week of March 26 and is anticipated to end in May. Additional night work at South King Street is planned to occur in early summer – please stay tuned for more details about that work as we get closer.
There are a number of waterfront construction projects that are in construction or in the design phase that overlap with this project area. Links to each project are included below.
Elliott Bay Seawall Project:
Alaskan Way Viaduct Program:
Project Fact Sheet