The City Of Seattle
City Light Department
Request For Qualifications
Organization / Process Design
Project Management Services
The City of Seattle, Seattle City Light Department (City Light), seeks to engage a consultant to provide organizational design, process design and project management consulting services.
Seattle City Light (City Light) is seeking Statements of Qualifications & Project Approach (SOQs) from highly qualified consultants with:
- Organizational restructuring and process design expertise in the electric utility industry;
- Demonstrated skills, expertise, and experience in management of large complex, electric utility redesign projects
- The ability to facilitate, coordinate, and integrate the efforts of an executive steering committee, project management team, and other outside consultants to meet specific organizational design outcomes.
To be qualified, firms will have demonstrated, significant experience in the electric utility industry in the following areas:
- Planning and designing large/complex organizational restructuring projects
- Business process review and redesign
- Project management expertise and experience in large/complex restructuring projects.
The term of the contract shall extend from the date of execution by the Superintendent of City Light, or his designee, through March 31, 2006. City Light has not identified a budget for this project and cannot provide prospective consultants the range of fees City Light will consider paying the consultant for the services to be provided. The contract amount for this project will be determined during contract negotiations with the prospective consultant.
City Light may, at its option, amend the original contract for scope, time and funding, subject to the continuing appropriation authority by the City Council.
City Light’s proposed schedule is as follows:
|Last day for questions/clarifications from prospective consultants
|Addenda issued to prospective consultants
|Qualifications and Approach due
||8/23 to 8/26
|Final Consultant Selection
||8/30 to 9/2
Copies of the Request for Qualifications and Proposals and any other additional information may be obtained from Dorothy Nelsen, telephone number (206) 684-3474. Proposals must be delivered by
5:00pm (PST) on
Friday, August 19, 2005 to the address below:
The City of Seattle
Seattle City Light Department
Attention: Dorothy Nelsen, Senior Executive Assistant (SMT 3246)
PO Box 34023
Seattle Municipal Tower, Suite 3300
700 Fifth Avenue
Seattle, WA 98124-4023
The contract that is awarded as a result of this RFQ will be awarded in a manner that complies with all applicable laws of the United States, State of Washington, the City Charter, and Ordinances of the City of Seattle. Further work may be awarded as an amendment to the original contract.