Energy Usage Reports
Seattle City Light offers billing and consumption data upon request to:
Below are detailed instructions on how to setup a pathway for Seattle City Light to send your consumption data to the Portfolio Manager. However, doing so is just one of the steps to compliance with the
Building Energy Benchmarking and Reporting Ordinance. You have two options for getting this information into your Portfolio Manager account. Before choosing your option below, please review all of the steps to compliance.
OPTION A- Setup an automatic data upload to Portfolio Manager
OPTION B- Manually enter your data into the Portfolio Manager
- Setup your Portfolio Manager account and your Building Profile here Important: Do not enter your meter information! We will provide you with a new meter name after we receive your PM Consumption Request form.
- If you want City Light to upload your data, we first need your permission. Read our
Terms and Conditions, and then fill out and send us your PM Consumption Request form.
- After we receive your request form, we will send a new meter name that represents the total energy use for all your building meters combined, plus a "SERVICE_ORDER" number. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING STEPS IN ORDER FOR US TO UPLOAD YOUR DATA AND COMPLETE THE PROCESS:
To add your new meter name:
- Go to "My Portfolio" page.
- Scroll down to the "Energy Meters" box and click on "Add Meter"
- Where indicated, enter the meter name we provided you. Fill in the rest of the information and click "SAVE".
- Select "DO NOT ADD METER ENTRIES" option.
To add your SERVICE_ORDER number:
- Go to "My Portfolio" page.
- In the right column, select "Automated Benchmarking Services Console".
- Select "Seattle City Light as service provider" option
- Select your facility; click "UPDATE LIST" and then "CONTINUE".
- Select the "Read/Write" box and then "CONTINUE".
- In the box, enter the "SERVICE_ORDER number we provided and click "CONTINUE".
For more information about Option A, please read our Frequently Asked Questions or email us at email@example.com. For general support on the Seattle Benchmarking and Reporting Program you can contact the City's technical support line at 206-727-8484 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You are not done. You must now Authorize Annual Reporting to the City of Seattle. See http://www.seattle.gov/environment/how-to-comply.htm
If you have already manually uploaded your building's consumption data to the Portfolio Manager application without City Light's assistance and want to retain your building's historical consumption usage, choose this option.
(Whereas option A requires you to setup a new profile for your building, this option does not.)
For more information on how to continue using your old method (or for any questions regarding the Benchmarking ordinance), please contact the Energy Benchmarking Desk at 206-727-8484 or at email@example.com.
If you want energy consumption data but do not need to comply with the Building Disclosure Ordinance, click on one of the forms below to request a Consumption Report.
Only one request per year per account please.
Download Consumption Report Releases:
- Report supports Consumption Allowance & Conservation efforts.
- Not intended for use with the EPA's Portfolio Manager Application.
- Data is meter and account specific.
- Releases must be signed by the account holder.
Release for Individual Account (link to request form)
Release for Mult-Unit Building (link to request form)