Program History and Process Summary
An honored tradition since 1984, Light Power and Pride is Seattle City Light's most celebrated employee recognition program.
The awards strengthen the partnership between management, employees and the bonds between the City of Seattle and our City Light customers. City Light's Vision, Mission & Values is the guiding principle for the annual recognition program:
- To set the standard and deliver the best customer service experience of any utility in the nation
- To be dedicated to exceeding our customers' expectations in producing and delivering environmentally responsible, safe, low cost and reliable power.
- To aspire to excellence, accountability, trust and stewardship.
Thus, the focus of the employee recognition event is to:
- Provide a visible, powerful way to communicate and reinforce the behavior and outcome that is most important to the success of Seattle City Light.
- Encourage high productivity within the context of excellence to our customers.
- Encourage and support the achievement of collaborative work groups and teams.
- Support efforts that result in an improved working environment.
- And encourage creativity, innovation and initiative.
Human Resources is the executive sponsor for the awards program, however, the nomination and selection process, and event planning process is led by a committee of dedicated City Light employees.
2010 Light, Power & Pride Nomination and Selection Committee
Energy Delivery Operations
Power Supply & Environmental Affairs
Mary Pat DiLeva
2010 Light, Power and Pride Award Winners
The 2010 Light, Power & Pride Awards Ceremony was held December 8, 2010 at Town Hall Seattle. More than 300 employees were greeted by the toe-tapping Latin sounds of the band MangoSon, whose lead singer is City Light's Roberto Bonaccorso. A dessert reception was followed by the awards ceremony. Led by Human Resources, a committee of City Light employees organized this annual event Congratulations to the 2010 Light, Power & Pride award winners.
JD Ross Leadership Award Recipient
Steve Kern, Caroline Dethloff, Jorge Carrasco
Unsung Hero Team Award
Steve Kern, Andrew Gibb, Eugenia Morita, Jorge Carrasco
Outstanding Customer Service Award Recipient
Ciaran McGee, Jorge Carrasco
Outstanding Customer Service Team Award
Larry Works, Carol Anderson-McCall, Shaya York, Jess Valmonte, Fely Mortel, Brad Combs, Jorge Carrasco
Race and Social Justice Award Recipient
Patty Breidenbach, Jorge Carrasco
Team of the Year Award Recipients
Takele Taffesse, Katrina Alexander, Jorge Carrasco
City Light Hero Award Recipients
Steve Kern, David Holmes, Kevin Cyr, James Hannigan & wife, David Oppenheimer, Jorge Carrasco