Internship and Volunteer Opportunities with Criminal Division
What are the requirements to be a volunteer for the Criminal Division?
- A desire to learn.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Able to pass a criminal background check.
- Available during business hours to work in our downtown office.
- Commit to one or two school quarters. For certain positions, we request up to six months.
- One year of relevant school or work experience.
- Basic computer skills.
- Certain positions require additional training or education.
The application process for Rule 9 positions in the Criminal Division has closed for the 2014/2015 school year, including summer 2015. The application process for the 2015/2016 school year will open summer 2015.
How do I apply?
- Call or e-mail Brialle Engelhart,
@seattle.gov. Criminal Division Manager, (206) 684-7731.
- Print and fill out the Volunteer / Internship application form.
- Law students should provide a writing sample.
- Mail the completed application with resume and three references to:
Seattle City Attorney
Attn: Criminal Division Manager
700 5th Avenue, Suite 5350
PO Box 94667
Seattle WA 98124-4667
Or FAX the completed application, resume, and three references to
Once the application is received, your materials will be reviewed should a position become available that may be of interest to you. The most competitive candidates will be contacted for an interview.