Internship and Volunteer Opportunities with Civil Division
The Civil Division of the Seattle City Attorney's Office offers various internship opportunities throughout the year for law school students. The Civil Division provides legal counsel and representation to the City's elected and appointed officials. The Division is organized into six specialized areas of practice in which attorneys provide legal counsel and representation in litigation at all levels of state and federal courts and administrative agencies. To learn more about these six areas of practice, please see the Civil Division webpage.
The Land Use section is now accepting applications for Winter 2014.
What are the requirements for an internship or externship in the Civil Division?
- Completion of at least one year of law school
- Available during business hours to work in our downtown Seattle office
- Commit to at least one school quarter
- Strong writing and legal research skills
- Excellent computer skills
What opportunities are available?
The Civil Division recruits interns/externs on an ongoing basis for the Torts, Employment, LandUse and Government Affairs Sections. Please call or e-mail Debby Trudeau,
(206) 233-2164 directly for information on available or upcoming opportunities.
How do I apply?
- Print and fill out the Internship/Externship Application form
- Provide a letter of interest, writing sample, resume, law school transcript, and three references
- Mail, e-mail or fax the completed application with additional materials to:
Seattle City Attorney's Office
Attn: Debby Trudeau, Senior Paralegal
P.O. Box 94769
600 4th Ave., 4th floor
Seattle, WA 98124-4769
Phone: (206) 233-2164
Fax: (206) 684-8284