Attorneys Requesting Infraction Discovery
Infraction rule 3.1(b) requires that a written demand for discovery be "served on the office of prosecuting authority" and "filed with the court." This demand must be served "at least fourteen days before a contested hearing" in order to be a valid request. Upon this demand, the prosecuting authority is required to provide you within seven days of the hearing date "a copy of the officer's sworn statement and with the names of any witnesses not identified in the citing officer's sworn statement." In order to request your discovery of the City please do the following:
- Mail or drop off your written demand for discovery
(you may use the form below):
Seattle City Attorney's Office
Attn: Infraction Project
700 Fifth Ave., #5350
PO Box 94667
Seattle, WA 98124-4667
Include the following MANDATORY information:
- Full name as listed on the citation.
- Citation number and Date of violation.
- Defendant Name
- Telephone number.
- Your address and email address.
- Also file a copy of your request with:
Discovery Request File Copies
Seattle Municipal Court
PO Box 34987
Seattle, WA 98124-4987
- It will be your responsibility to provide a self addressed stamped envelope or be prepared to receive your discovery at the office of the City Attorney.
- If you choose, you can receive the discovery via email. If you wish this to occur, please include a written request to do so with your notice of appearance and/or your written demand for discovery.