Seattle's Minimum Wage Ordinance
Seattle's Minimum Wage Ordinance went into effect on April 1, 2015. It will gradually increase to $15/hour.
Questions or want to report a violation? Email us.
As of January 1, 2016: Seattle's minimum wage increased to:
Download resources in English and other languages.View Publications
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Please note: our FAQs are being revised to reflect recent changes to Seattle's labor standards laws. The revised FAQs will be posted later this month. Until then, please review the changes to these ordinances and consider them when reading the current posted FAQs. If you have a specific question, email email@example.com.
Rules & Ordinances
- Minimum Wage Ordinance - Council Bill 118098 / Ordinance 124490
- Minimum Wage - City Council Resolution 31524
- SOCR Rules for Minimum Wage - Chapter 90
- SOCR Rules for Minimum Wage (PDF) - Chapter 90
- Minimum Wage Ordinance - SMC Chapter 14.19
Map showing Seattle City boundaries
- Map showing Seattle's census tracts and zip code areas
- View a map showing Seattle's boundary lines
On the left side of the page, click on the "Detailed Zoning" layer in the "Zoning" section (third section) to add shading that defines Seattle city limits. Enter an address or a neighborhood in the top left field to zero in on the location you are interested in. Click on "Building Outlines" to view specific lots; zoom in to read street names.
Last updated: 02/02/2016